Bret Slocum Partner
Mr. Slocum has over twenty years of experience with the regulation of utilities, including multimillion dollar rate proceedings, certification proceedings involving transmission and generation, and rulemaking proceedings.
Practice AreasEnergy & Public Utilities
- Assistant General Counsel, Public Utility Commission of Texas from 1982 to 1985, representing the public interest in the regulation of electric and water utilities.
- Deputy General Counsel, Public Utility Commission of Texas from 1985 to 1995. Responsible for the operation of the electric portion of the General Counsel’s office.
- Division Director, Legal Division (formerly the General Counsel Division), Public Utility Commission of Texas from 1995 to 2001. As the Division Director, Bret was responsible for entire division, including both electric and telecommunications proceedings.
- Shareholder, Clark, Thomas & Winters, 2002 to 2011.
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., Phi Delta Phi) 1982
- North Texas State University (B.A., Economics, with high honors) 1979
- State Bar of Texas, 1982