Leonard Woods Partner
Leonard Woods joined DWMR as a partner in 2015. He is an experienced commercial litigator and has conducted first chair litigation involving fatalities, serious injuries, construction defects, and workplace complaints involving OSHA or allegations of improper conduct. He has represented general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, and vendors. He has also handled high profile internal investigations for his clients including all media interactions.
Practice AreasClass Action Litigation Commercial & Construction Litigation Complex Litigation Insurance Law Securities Litigation
- Listed in Best Lawyers® 2019 (Woodward/White, Inc., August 2018), in the field of Litigation – Construction, 2018-2019
- Listed in Best Lawyers® 2019 (Woodward/White, Inc., August 2018), in the field of Litigation – Insurance, 2018-2019
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer, Construction Litigation Law” in Texas Super Lawyers magazine, Texas ed., by 2008 Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, 2006-2008.
- Awarded the Texas Chapter International Association of Arson Investigation, John R. Rauch Award, 2005.
- Austin Independent School District African American Heritage Community Service Award, 2006.
- Chair of the Administrative Board and President of Inter-Generational Choir of Wesley United Methodist Church
- Former Chairman of the Travis County Fee Dispute Committee.
- Juris Doctor, Baylor University School of Law, 1986.
- Bachelor of Science, Baylor University.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the State of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Disctrict Court for the Western District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND LEGAL AFFILIATIONS
- Texas Bar Association
- Consumer Law Section, Texas Bar Association
- Insurance Law Section, Texas Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- University of Texas, Adjunct Professor
- Huston-Tillotson University, Adjunct Professor
- Austin Community College, Adjunct Professor