Patrick Pearsall Partner
Patrick Pearsall focuses his practice on administrative and appellate litigation. Primarily, he represents electric utilities and other clients in regulatory, trial, and appellate proceedings before state and federal agencies and courts.
Patrick’s administrative law practice includes representing clients in contested cases, complaints, and rulemakings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Railroad Commission of Texas, and New Mexico Public Regulation Commission.
Patrick’s appellate experience includes briefing and orally arguing appeals and suits for judicial review of agency orders before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the Texas Supreme Court, and Texas Courts of Appeals, as well as filing amicus curiae briefs on legal issues of interest to clients. In addition, Patrick handles appeals arising out of general commercial litigation matters including product liability cases, insurance coverage disputes, and business transactions.
After law school, Patrick served as law clerk (2004-2005) and staff attorney (2005-2007) for Justice Bea Ann Smith, Third Court of Appeals, Austin.
- Listed in Best Lawyers® 2022 (Woodward/White, Inc., August 2021), in the field of Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2019-2022
- Selected as Texas Rising Star (Civil Appellate), by Texas Super Lawyers-Rising Stars Edition, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors) 2003
- Southwestern University (B.A., magna cum laude) 1999
- State Bar of Texas, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND LEGAL AFFILIATIONS
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association