DWMR diversity scholarship program
Duggins Wren Mann & Romero, LLP will award scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each to two (2) second-year law students, defined as 2018 law school graduates. Applications will be accepted from September 15, 2016 through 11:59 PM on October 31, 2016. Interviews will be conducted in November 2016 and winners will be announced in December 2016.
Recipients of the scholarships must commit to a six-week clerkship in the DWMR 2017 summer associate program with a salary of $2,500 bi-weekly. The completed application denotes consideration for the entire scholarship/clerkship package.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Currently attending an ABA accredited law school in the United States and scheduled to graduate in 2018
- 3.00 GPA or better in law school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities and community involvement
- Prior work experience
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the DWMR 2017 summer program after the second year of law school and have an interest in joining the Firm as an associate after passing the bar exam
Scholarship applicants must provide the following information in sequential order:
- Completed application personal information form and essays
- Undergraduate transcript and law school transcript once available (unofficial law school transcripts will be accepted initially, but please follow up with the official transcript to complete your application).
- DWMR essay
- Legal writing sample
- Three professional or academic references (please provide contact information; letters of recommendation are optional)