Drew McEwen Of Counsel
Drew McEwen is an attorney and Certified Public Accountant with two decades of state and local tax experience. He represents businesses and individuals in all aspects of state and local tax planning and controversies. Drew has successfully represented clients of all sizes with tax controversies: from helping dozens of Fortune 500 companies achieve multi-million tax refunds and audit reductions, to substantially reducing audit assessments against many small, family-owned businesses. He has represented clients in various industries, including upstream and downstream oil and gas, manufacturing, retail, banking and financial services, insurance, and technology, media, and telecom.
Practice AreasState and Local Taxation
- Technology Transactions: A Practical Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Agreements, Practicing Law Institute. Author of Ch. 20. State Transaction Taxes: Implications and Planning Considerations for Technology Transactions, ©2016.
- The Application of State Sales Tax in a Digital World: Considerations for Corporate Counsel, The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, Volume 23, No. 2, February 2015.
- Being an Effective Inside Counsel for Your Company’s Tax Department, Inside Counsel, August 2014, coauthor.
- The Texas Manufacturing Exemption: The Evolving Disputes Between the Texas Comptroller and Manufacturers, New York University Institute on State and Local Taxation, 2009.
- The University of Texas School of Law (JD) 2001
- The University of Texas at Austin (MPA) 1998
- The University of Texas at Austin (BBA) 1998
- State Bar of Texas, 2001
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
PROFESSIONAL AND LEGAL AFFILIATIONS
- Texas Society of Public Accountants, Austin Chapter